Aerial Avalon is a retreat center where Airborne Arts teaches flying trapeze and arial silks, situated in the mountains of South-West Costa Rica, surrounded by spectacular waterfalls and the vast Pacific ocean.
Airborne Arts Retreat Center is in the mountains mid-way between Playa Dominical and San Isidro. From our property you can see a 600 foot waterfall (the tallest in Costa Rica), the ocean in the distance and a lush valley. A plethora of tropical birds such as toucans make our property their home.
We are close to many adventures and excursions such as rappelling water falls to caves, surfing, paragliding, horseback riding and tours to local organic farms where you can meet local artisans. We strongly suggest a visit to Manuel Antonio National Park, one of the most famous tourist areas in Costa Rica, offering championship surf tournaments, hiking, rafting/kayaking, canopying, sports fishing and more.
Airborne Arts is located in the mountains in the southwest part of the country. We are approximately a 30-40 minute drive to either the beach in Dominical or to the "big" town of San Isidro. We are a little over one hour south of Manuel Antonio National Park and the Quepos (Sansa & Nature Air) airport (where you can rent a vehicle), and 3 and a half to 4 hours from the San Jose International airport (SJO).
· Drive south from Quepos Airport/Manuel Antonio for about half an hour, turn Left at the road for San Isidro. Just past this turn is a little police station on the left and the beach town of Dominical on the right. If you pass those, you have gone too far.
· Take the left toward San Isidro uphill to Tinamastes.
· The road will flatten out after being uphill for sometime and you will see a white church on the Right. Disregard any other churches that you see.
· Take the first Right after that church onto a dirt road. At the turn you will see signs advertising waterfalls, real estate and other adventures.
· Stay on that road for a long time going down, down then a little up and then down. Over the length of that road you will go over three small bridges.
· After the 3rd bridge, follow the road uphill curving about four times, then take the second Left (at the San Salvador cemetery). You will see a fence with signs saying Bienvenidos a San Salvador just after the left turn.
· Go up the last few hills finally passing a stone wall on your Left. Our entrance is marked by two green cement pillars with a wooden and metal pole gate on the Left side. If the gate is locked, call us or walk down and find us. If open, come down the driveway to the stone house where the Diamonte waterfall comes fully into view. The stone house with black railing and spiral staircase is ours. You're a ROCK STAR.